The Fishery Ecosystem Plan helps the Council incorporate ecosystem science into its fishery management decisions. Unlike the Council’s four other fishery management plans, it is not focused on directly regulating fisheries. Instead, it focuses on “initiatives” that focus on specific ecosystem topics and how they affect managed fisheries. Recent initiatives include protection of unfished forage fish, ecosystem indicators, and the effects of climate change on fishing communities.
News & events
- Ad Hoc Ecosystem Workgroup to hold online meeting December 17, 2021
- The Council is soliciting supplemental Advisory Body nominations through 5pm Friday, November 5, 2021.
- Ad Hoc Climate and Communities Core Team to hold online briefing for Council committees and public September 2, 2021
- Ad Hoc Ecosystem Workgroup to hold Fishery Ecosystem Plan update briefing for Council advisory bodies and the public September 2, 2021
- Scientific and Statistical Committee’s Ecosystem Subcommittee to hold online meeting August 31-September 1, 2021
- Council to hold marine planning and offshore development online meeting July 22-23, 2021
- Climate and Communities Core Team to hold online meeting July 8, 2021
- Ad Hoc Climate and Communities Core Team to hold online meeting May 21, 2021
Upcoming Council Meeting
San Jose, CA
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Jose 2050 Gateway Place San Jose, CA 95110 Phone: 408-453-4000