The Fishery Ecosystem Plan helps the Council incorporate ecosystem science into its fishery management decisions. Unlike the Council’s four other fishery management plans, it is not focused on directly regulating fisheries. Instead, it focuses on “initiatives” that focus on specific ecosystem topics and how they affect managed fisheries. Recent initiatives include protection of unfished forage fish, ecosystem indicators, and the effects of climate change on fishing communities.
News & events
- Materials for online workshops on the implications of climate change in the California Current Ecosystem
- Ad Hoc Ecosystem Workgroup and the Ecosystem Advisory Subpanel to hold online meetings February 22 & 23, 2021
- Ecosystem Subcommittee of the Scientific and Statistical Committee to hold online meeting January 12, 2021
- Ad Hoc Ecosystem Workgroup to hold online meeting January 5, 2021
- Climate Change Scenario Planning Workshop December 16-17, 2020
- Pacific Council News Fall 2020: Habitat, ecosystem, and related stories
- Climate and Communities Core Team to hold online meeting September 29, 2020
- Pre-Meeting Video Briefing for Agenda Item F.2., Fishery Ecosystem Plan Update (September 2020 Council meeting)
Upcoming Council Meeting
This meeting will be conducted online only. Online meeting participation details will be posted as they become available.