The Fishery Ecosystem Plan helps the Council incorporate ecosystem science into its fishery management decisions. Unlike the Council’s four other fishery management plans, it is not focused on directly regulating fisheries. Instead, it focuses on “initiatives” that focus on specific ecosystem topics and how they affect managed fisheries. Recent initiatives include protection of unfished forage fish, ecosystem indicators, and the effects of climate change on fishing communities.
News & events
- Fact Sheet: Fishery Ecosystem Plan
- Ad Hoc Ecosystem Workgroup and the Ecosystem Advisory Subpanel to hold online meetings February 22 & 23, 2021
- Ecosystem Subcommittee of the Scientific and Statistical Committee to hold online meeting January 12, 2021
- Ad Hoc Ecosystem Workgroup to hold online meeting January 5, 2021
- Climate and Communities Initiative climate change scenarios
- Climate Change Scenario Planning Workshop December 16-17, 2020
- Climate change scenario planning online workshops
- Pacific Council News Fall 2020: Habitat, ecosystem, and related stories
Upcoming Council Meeting
This meeting will be conducted online only. Online meeting participation details will be posted as they become available.