Richard Heap serves as the Chair and Megan Mueller-Waters serves as the Vice Chair of the Salmon Advisory Subpanel (SAS). The staff officer for the SAS is Robin Ehlke.
Like other Council advisory subpanels, the SAS consists of people who represent groups or interests concerned with management of their fishery, and who have expertise related to the fishery. The advisory subpanels advise the Council on fishery management issues, planning, and the content and effects of fishery management plans, amendments, and regulations.
Currently, this group is comprised of tribal representatives from the California coast; one gillnetter; two charter boat operators; three trollers (one from each coastal state); five sport fishers; one processor; and one conservation representative.
- Salmon Technical Team work session February 20-23, 2024
- Salmon Technical Team work session January 16-19, 2024
- Ad Hoc Klamath River Fall Chinook Workgroup to hold online meeting December 12 and 14, 2023
- Klamath River Fall Chinook Workgroup to hold online meeting November 20, 2023
- Salmon Advisory Subpanel to hold online meeting October 31, 2023
SAS Council Meeting Dashboard
|November 2023 Council Meeting|
|Advisory Group||Status||In Person / Virtual||Meeting Room / Meeting ID|
|Salmon Advisory Subpanel||Not Meeting|
Upcoming Council Meeting
March Council meeting
The Council contracts with hotels two to three years in advance.
Recent SAS reports
- D.4.a Supplemental SAS Report 1
- H.2.a, Supplemental SAS Report 1
- Salmon Advisory Subpanel (SAS) agenda
- Salmon Advisory Subpanel, Salmon Technical Team, Model Evaluation Workgroup, and Interested Persons
- C.3.a, Supplemental SAS Report 1
- C.7.a, Supplemental SAS Report 1
- I.1.a, Supplemental SAS Report 1
- E.1.a, Supplemental SAS Report 1