The Council develops harvest specifications (for example, annual catch limits) and management measures over the course of several meetings, beginning at its June meeting in odd-numbered years. Council recommendations are implemented through regulations that become effective on or about January 1 of the next odd-numbered year. Inseason adjustments (changes) are made routinely in order to maximize fishing opportunities while staying within annual catch limits.
Information on current and past biennial management cycles may be accessed through the links below.
- Groundfish harvest specifications and management measures for 2023-2024 (including Amendment 30)
- Groundfish harvest specifications and management measures for 2021-2022 (including Amendment 29)
- Groundfish harvest specifications and management measures for 2019-2020
- 2017-2018 harvest specifications and management measures (including Amendment 27)
- Groundfish biennial and annual harvest specifications, 2003-2016