Dr. Dan Holland is the Chair of the Scientific and Statistical Committee (SSC) and Dr. Jason Schaffler is the Vice-Chair. Marlene Bellman is the staff officer for the SSC.
The SSC is made up of scientists from state and Federal agencies, academic institutions, and other sources. The SSC reviews fishery management plans (FMPs), stock assessments, rebuilding plans, and other documents to ensure the Council is basing their decisions on the best available science. Among other duties, the SSC identifies scientific resources required for the development of FMPs and amendments; provides a multidisciplinary review of FMPs or amendments, and advises the Council on their scientific content; helps the Council evaluate statistical, biological, economic, social, and other scientific information; and makes recommendations on the composition of plan development, technical, and management teams.
The SSC has subcommittees that focus on salmon, groundfish, highly migratory species, coastal pelagic species, ecosystem management, and economics. SSC members are selected by a vote of the Council. At-large members serve three-year terms, while management agency representatives serve indefinite terms.
Recent SSC reports
- C.10.a, Supplemental SSC Report 1
- H.4.a, Supplemental SSC Report 1
- I.5.a, Supplemental SSC Report 1
- H.5.a, Supplemental SSC Report 1
- I.4.a, Supplemental SSC Report 1
- G.4.a, Supplemental SSC Report 1
- G.3.a, Supplemental SSC Report 1
- D.2.a, Supplemental SSC Report 1
- H.4.a, Supplemental SSC Groundfish Subcommittee Report 2: ODFW Video-Hydroacoustic Survey Methodology Review and WDFW Hook-and-Line Survey Workshop Report
- H.4.a, Supplemental SSC Groundfish Subcommittee Report 1: Notes from the Ageing and Data Preparation Coordination Meeting to Support 2021 Groundfish Stock Assessments
- Committee agendas for the November 2022 briefing book (bookmarked in alphabetical order for easy navigation)
- November 1999 SSC Minutes
- March 1999 SSC Minutes
- April 1999 SSC Minutes
- June 1999 SSC Minutes