Susan Chambers is the Chair of the Groundfish Advisory Subpanel (GAP); Louis Zimm and Sarah Nayani are the Co-Vice Chairs.
Like the Council’s other advisory subpanels, the GAP consist of people who represent groups or interests concerned with management of their respective fishery, and who have expertise related to the fishery. Advisory subpanels advise the Council on fishery management problems, planning efforts, and the content and effects of fishery management plans, amendments, and regulations.
The GAP includes three fixed gear (at-large) commercial fishers, one conservation representative, two processors, one at-sea processor, three sport fishers, two open access fishers, three trawlers, four charter boat operators (one each for Washington and Oregon, and two for California), and one tribal fisher.
- Groundfish Management Team work session January 29-February 2, 2024
- Economics Subcommittee of the Scientific and Statistical Committee to hold online meeting October 24, 2023
- Groundfish Advisory Subpanel to hold online meeting Monday, October 23, 2023
- Groundfish and Economics Subcommittees of the Scientific and Statistical Committee to hold online meeting October 12, 2023
- Groundfish Management Team to hold online work session October 16-20, 2023
GAP Council Meeting Dashboard
|November 2023 Council Meeting|
|Advisory Group||Status||In Person / Virtual||Meeting Room / Meeting ID|
|Groundfish Advisory Subpanel||Meeting||In Person||Royal A|
Upcoming Council Meeting
March Council meeting
The Council contracts with hotels two to three years in advance.