Coastal pelagic species
Coastal pelagic species managed by the Pacific Council include northern anchovy, market squid, Pacific sardine, Pacific mackerel, and jack mackerel. Harvesters mainly use purse seine gear, although other types of net gear (drum seines, lampara nets, and dip nets) are sometimes used.
- Description of control dates in groundfish and other Council managed fisheries
- D.3, Attachment 2: STAR Panel Report (Electronic Only)
- D.3, Attachment 1: Stock Assessment Report Executive Summary: Assessment of the Pacific Sardine Resource in 2019 for U.S. Management in 2019-20 (Full document Electronic Only)
News & events
- Fact Sheet: Coastal pelagic species
- Fact Sheet: Exempted fishing permits
- Coastal Pelagic Species Management Team to hold online work session February 2-4, 2021
- Washington submits draft plan to distribute Federal relief funding
- COVID-19 fisheries assistance
- Call for data and information – Essential Fish Habitat Review for Coastal Pelagic Species
- Pacific Council News Fall 2020: Coastal Pelagic Species
- Request for Nominations for a Vacancy on the Coastal Pelagic Species Advisory Subpanel Representing the Conservation Community
Upcoming Council Meeting
This meeting will be conducted online only. Online meeting participation details will be posted as they become available.