The Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) will hold an online meeting of its Scientific and Statistical Committee (SSC) Coastal Pelagic Species Subcommittee to review model specifications regarding the Pacific sardine rebuilding plan Rebuilder tool. This meeting is open to the public. The online meeting will be held Wednesday, July 15, 2020 through Thursday, July 16, 2020. The meeting will run 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time each day, or until business for the day has been completed.
Purpose of the meeting
The estimated biomass of Pacific sardine fell below the minimum stock size threshold of 50,000 metric tons, based on the 2019 stock assessment. The Council and National Marine Fisheries Service are required to develop a rebuilding plan, which is scheduled for Council adoption at its September 2020 meeting. The primary purpose of the July 15-16 SSC Subcommittee meeting is to provide review and advice on developing proposed rebuilding alternatives relative to the Pacific sardine rebuilding plan. Specific objectives will include 1) establishing a stock-recruitment relationship and associated uncertainty, 2) establishing Tmin, Tmax, and Bmsy, 3) setting other model parameters, 4) application of the rebuilder for the Council’s rebuilding alternatives, and 5) reviewing model outputs for the development and analysis of alternatives. The meeting will also include discussion of 2021 stock assessments for coastal pelagic species. Other technical aspects of the sardine rebuilding plan may also be considered, as appropriate. Members of the Council’s Coastal Pelagic Species Management Team are responsible for developing the sardine rebuilding plan and are expected to be active participants in the meeting.
To attend the online meeting (RingCentral)
- Join the meeting by visiting this link:
- Enter the Meeting ID: 148 893 6595 and click JOIN
- Enter the Meeting Password: 503312
- Next you will be prompted to either:
- Download the RingCentral meetings application, OR
- Join the meeting without a download via your web browser.
- Please enter your name and click Join.
- You may use your telephone for the audio portion of the meeting by dialing the TOLL number provided on your screen, followed by the meeting ID and participant ID, also provided on the screen.
- Once connected, you will be in the meeting, seeing other participants and a shared screen, if applicable.
IF you do not have the ability to use the RingCentral application via computer or mobile device, please join the “audio only” portion of the online meeting by calling one of the phone numbers listed below.
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
+1(623)4049000 (US West)
+1(720)9027700 (US Central)
+1(469)4450100 (US South)
+1(470)8692200 (US East)
+1(773)2319226 (US North)
Meeting ID: 148 893 6595
International numbers available: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/teleconference
Technical information and instructions
- PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 8 or 10
- Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet (See your phone’s App Store and search for RingCentral meeting or visit RingCentral Mobile App site)
For technical assistance, you may send an email to Kris Kleinschmidt or call/text 503-820-2412; or email Sandra Krause or call/text 503-820-2419.
Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2412 at least ten business days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding this online meeting, please contact Kerry Griffin at 503-820-2409; toll-free 1-866-806-7204.