The Council manages a diverse array of species under the groundfish fishery management plan, including more than 65 rockfish species; flatfish, such as petrale sole and Dover sole; and roundfish, such as sablefish and Pacific whiting (hake). Most groundfish are caught with trawl and longline gear, with small amounts caught by other kinds of hook-and-line gear.
- Description of control dates in groundfish and other Council managed fisheries
- Preliminary Assessment of Trawl Under-Attainment Issues and SaMTAAC Alternative Qualification Criteria
- SaMTAAC Final Report to the Council (May 2020)
- April 2020 response letter from NMFS on observer coverage during the COVID-19 pandemic
News & events
- Request for Proposal – Sablefish Management Strategy Evaluation Facilitator
- Pre-Assessment Workshop for Lingcod and Vermilion/Sunset Rockfishes to be held online March 29, 2021
- Groundfish Management Team to hold online meeting March 26, 2021
- Fact Sheet: Salmon
- Fact Sheet: Electronic monitoring
- Fact Sheet: Trawl catch shares
- Fact Sheet: Exempted fishing permits
- Fact Sheet: Annual catch limits and other management thresholds
Current Council Meeting
This meeting will be conducted online only. Online meeting participation details will be posted as they become available.