- 1 side of Salmon with skin on
- 80 grams treacle, slightly warm (80 grams is roughly 1/3 of a cup. Treacle is a light molasses, also called “Golden Syrup” and available in the British section of a well-stocked grocery store)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested
- 50 grams (roughly 3.5 tablespoons) sea salt
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
Cover a tray that will fit in the fridge with a sheet of greaseproof paper. Place the salmon on to the tray, skin side down. Mix all of the ingredients together; pour the mix over the flesh of the salmon and coat well, massage in gently.
Cover with plastic wrap (or use another airtight method) and place in the fridge. Leave for 3 days to cure. Remove from fridge, pat with kitchen paper to remove excess moisture. Slice thinly and serve.
Originally found here.