- 1-1/3 pounds skinless Pacific albacore, cut into large cubes
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- generous pinch of cayenne
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
Rinse albacore with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. In glass or ceramic bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Add albacore cubes and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes, tossing cubes gently halfway through marinating time. While albacore is marinating, make dipping sauce by blending peanut butter and warm water, and adding remaining ingredients.
Drain albacore, reserving marinade. Thread albacore cubes on metal or bamboo skewers. Place skewers on greased grate 4-5 inch from hot briquettes.
Cook 4-6 minutes per inch of fish (measured at its thickest point), turning to cook all sides. Baste frequently with reserved marinade. Do not overcook!
Albacore should be pink in center when removed from heat. Serve with dipping sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Source: Oregon Albacore Commission.