The Pacific Fishery Management Council (Pacific Council) will convene a Stock Assessment Review (STAR) Panel to review new stock assessments for vermilion and sunset rockfishes. This STAR Panel meeting is open to the public, and will be held online.
The STAR Panel meeting will be held Monday, July 26, 2021 through Friday, July 30, 2021 beginning at 8:30 a.m. and ending at 5:30 p.m. each day, or when business for the day has been completed.
Purpose of the meeting
The purpose of the STAR Panel is to review draft 2021 stock assessment documents and any other pertinent information for new benchmark stock assessments for vermilion and sunset rockfishes (it is anticipated this will be a single assessment of vermilion rockfish and sunset rockfish in combination); work with the Stock Assessment Teams to make necessary revisions; and produce STAR Panel reports for use by the Pacific Council family and other interested persons for developing management recommendations for fisheries in 2021 and beyond. No management actions will be decided by the STAR Panels. The STAR Panel participants’ role will be development of recommendations and reports for consideration by the Pacific Council at its September meeting tentatively scheduled in Spokane, Washington.
To attend the online meeting
- Join the meeting by using this link: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/join
- Enter the Meeting ID: 145 437 2230 and click JOIN
- Next you will be prompted to either download:
- the RingCentral meetings application OR
- join the meeting without a download via your web browser,
- Enter your name and click JOIN.
- You may use your telephone for the audio portion of the meeting by dialing the TOLL number provided on your screen, followed by the meeting ID and participant ID (also provided on the screen)
- Once connected, you will be in the meeting, seeing other participants and a shared screen, if applicable.
For the best audio experience, please use computer audio. If you are not able to use the RingCentral application via computer or mobile device, please join the “audio only” portion of the online meeting by calling one of the numbers below.
iPhone one-tap :
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2412 at least ten business days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the online meetings, please contact Dr. Andi Stephens, NMFS Northwest Fisheries Science Center, or John DeVore at 503-820-2413; toll free 1-866-806-7204, extension 413.