The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s (Pacific Council) Groundfish Subcommittee of the Scientific and Statistical Committee (SSC) will hold an online meeting to review new groundfish stock assessments. The online meeting will be held Tuesday, August 17, 2021, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time.
Agenda for the August 17, 2021 SSC Groundfish Subcommittee meeting
Purpose of the meeting
The SSC’s Groundfish Subcommittee will review further analyses for new assessments of copper rockfish in California south of Pt. Conception, copper rockfish in California north of Pt. Conception, quillback rockfish in California, squarespot rockfish in California, and spiny dogfish as requested by the Pacific Council at their June 2021 meeting. The Groundfish Subcommittee will also review new assessments and stock assessment review reports for lingcod, and vermilion and sunset rockfishes, as well as updated catch-only projections for canary rockfish, petrale sole, darkblotched rockfish, and arrowtooth flounder. Further, the Groundfish Subcommittee will review a catch report for yelloweye rockfish to determine the adequacy of rebuilding progress. The Groundfish Subcommittee will prepare their recommendations for SSC and Pacific Council consideration at their online meetings in September. Assessment recommendations may include endorsing these new assessments for management use or requesting further analyses to be reviewed at the late September review panel (this process is outlined in the Pacific Council’s Terms of Reference for the Groundfish and Coastal Pelagic Species Stock Assessment Review Process for 2021-2022).
To attend the online meeting
- Join the meeting by using this link: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/join
- Enter the Meeting ID: 147 127 2483 and click JOIN
- Next you will be prompted to either download:
- the RingCentral meetings application OR
- join the meeting without a download via your web browser,
- Enter your name and click JOIN.
- You may use your telephone for the audio portion of the meeting by dialing the TOLL number provided on your screen, followed by the meeting ID and participant ID (also provided on the screen)
- Once connected, you will be in the meeting, seeing other participants and a shared screen, if applicable.
For the best audio experience, please use computer audio. If you are not able to use the RingCentral application via computer or mobile device, please join the “audio only” portion of the online meeting by calling one of the numbers below.
Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1(623)4049000 (US West)
+1(720)9027700 (US Central)
+1(470)8692200 (US East)
+1(773)2319226 (US North)
+1(469)4450100 (US South)
Meeting ID: 147 127 2483
International numbers available: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/teleconference
- PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 8 or 10
- Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet (See your phone’s App Store and search for RingCentral meeting or visit RingCentral Mobile App site)
For technical assistance, you may send an email to Kris Kleinschmidt or call/text 503-820-2412; or email Sandra Krause or call/text 503-820-2419.
Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2412 at least ten business days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the meeting, please contact John DeVore at 503-820-2413; toll free 1-866-806-7204, extension 413.