- 1 to 1½ pounds troll-caught albacore loin cuts
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 1½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-2 large green peppers, cut into large pieces
- skewers (soaked in water if wood or bamboo)
Rinse albacore loins with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons of juice; set pineapple chunks aside.
Make marinade by combining reserved juice, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, mustard, garlic, brown sugar, and oil. Stir well and pour over albacore. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once.
Using bamboo or metal skewers, make kabobs by alternating pineapple and green pepper; set aside.
Drain albacore, reserving marinade. Place on well-greased grate 4-5 inches from hot coals and cook 4-5 minutes. Baste with marinade and turn. Cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until albacore flakes when tested with a fork. Baste fruit and vegetable kabobs and place on grill. Cook 15-30 seconds on each side or until just browned.