Salmon: Current Season Management
- Salmon Hotlines, Websites, and Listserv
- 2013-April 2014 Salmon Management
- Salmon Fishery Regulations Booklet
- 2013 Process Schedule
Salmon Hotlines, Websites, and Listserv
Up-to-date information on inseason changes is available from the hotlines and websites listed below. You may also sign up for the NMFS Salmon Fishery Regulations listserv to get e-mail announcements about salmon management.
- National Marine Fisheries Service Ocean salmon hotline: (800) 662-9825 or (206) 526-6667
- California Department of Fish and Game California salmon fishing hotline: (707) 576-3429
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife Oregon salmon fishing hotline: (503) 947-6000
- Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Washington fishing hotline: (360) 902-2500
2013-April 2014 Salmon Management
Each year the Council’s Salmon Technical Team (STT) and Council staff compile and verify information related to fishery statistics, including spawning escapement estimates. The management documents include:
- The SAFE document, Review of 2012 Ocean Salmon Fisheries
- The forecast used to set 2013 salmon fisheries (Preseason Report I, Stock Abundance Analysis and Environmental Assessment Part 1 for 2013 Ocean Salmon Fishery Regulations)
- The description of the Council’s proposed ocean salmon management alternatives for 2013 and characterization of their expected impacts on ocean salmon fisheries and the stocks which support them (Preseason Report II, Proposed Alternatives and Environmental Assessment Part 2 for 2013 Ocean Salmon Fishery Regulations)
- The STT’s analysis of the 2013 ocean salmon fishery management measures adopted by the Council for submission to the U.S. Secretary of Commerce (Preseason Report III, Analysis of Council Adopted Management Measures for 2013 Ocean Salmon Fisheries)
Salmon Fishery Regulations Booklet
NMFS has made available their “online” salmon fishery regulations booklet. This booklet provides fishermen with a quick reference guide to the Federal regulations governing commercial and recreational salmon fisheries in the exclusive economic zone (3-200 nautical miles off shore) off Washington, Oregon, and California. The booklet is available by visiting the NMFS Northwest Region Salmon and Steelhead Fisheries webpage.
Inseason actions are also available on the NMFS Northwest Region Salmon and Steelhead Fisheries webpage.
Visit the 2013 Preseason Process for Salmon Management webpage.