- Council Meetings 101. This is where to start to get an overview of how Council meetings work.
- Getting Involved.
- Advisory Bodies.
- Council Testimony.
- The Magnuson-Stevens Act. The foundation of U.S. fisheries management.
- The National Environmental Policy Act. An important Act that influences much of what we do.
- Overfishing and rebuilding.
- Annual catch limits and other management thresholds. Get a handle on this acronym soup!
- Exempted fishing permits. Also known as experimental fisheries or collaborative research: fishermen trying to solve problems.
- Communities. What are the Council’s responsibilities to fishing communities?
- Powerpoint tips.
- Acronyms. Also see the NOAA Fisheries Glossary
- Salmon: the basics.
- Geography of salmon. Management areas, boundaries, etc.
- Common terms used in salmon management.
Highly migratory species
Highly migratory species: the basics.
Coastal pelagic species
Coastal pelagic species: the basics.
Pacific halibut: the basics.
Ecosystem and habitat
- Fishery Ecosystem Plan.
- Marine reserves.
- Habitat. Learn about the Habitat Committee and essential fish habitat.