The Groundfish Subcommittee of the Pacific Fishery Management Council’s Scientific and Statistical Committee (SSC) will hold an online meeting to plan a later methodology review of elasmobranch harvest control rules and management reference points. This online meeting is open to the public, and will be held Wednesday, September 2, 2020, from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time, or until business for the day has been completed.
Purpose of the meeting
The purpose of the SSC Groundfish Subcommittee meeting is to plan for a later methodology review of harvest control rules (HCRs) and management reference points for managing West Coast elasmobranch species in the Pacific Council process. The SSC Groundfish Subcommittee will plan the timing of the subsequent methodology review and the analyses needed to evaluate HCRs and management reference points to be used in deciding elasmobranch harvest specifications beginning in 2023.
No management actions will be decided by the SSC’s Groundfish Subcommittee. The SSC Groundfish Subcommittee members’ role will be development of a plan for a subsequent methodology review of elasmobranch HCRs and management reference points and a report for consideration by the SSC and Pacific Council at their September and/or November 2020 meetings.
To attend the online meeting (RingCentral)
- Join the meeting by visiting this link: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1490749777
- Enter the Meeting ID: 149 074 9777 and click JOIN
- Next you will be prompted to either:
- Download the RingCentral meetings application, OR
- Join the meeting without a download via your web browser.
- Please enter your name and click Join.
- You may use your telephone for the audio portion of the meeting by dialing the TOLL number provided on your screen, followed by the meeting ID and participant ID, also provided on the screen.
- Once connected, you will be in the meeting, seeing other participants and a shared screen, if applicable.
If you do not have the ability to use the RingCentral application via computer or mobile device, please join the “audio only” portion of the online meeting by calling one of the phone numbers listed below.
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
+1(720)9027700 (US Central)
+1(623)4049000 (US West)
+1(773)2319226 (US North)
+1(469)4450100 (US South)
+1(470)8692200 (US East)
Technical details will be posted to this webpage as they become available.
Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2412 at least ten business days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the webinar, please contact John DeVore at 503-820-2413; toll-free 1-866-806-7204.