The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s (Pacific Council) Salmon Technical Team (STT) and Scientific and Statistical Committee’s (SSC) Salmon Subcommittee will hold an online meeting. The meeting will be held Wednesday, October 12 and Thursday, October 13, 2022 from 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time, or until business is completed.
Purpose of the meeting
The purpose of the meeting is to conduct a salmon methodology review to discuss and review proposed changes to analytical methods used in salmon management. At its September 2022 meeting, the Pacific Council adopted the following priority items for the 2022 Salmon Methodology Review.
1. Technical review of the updates associated with ‘Round 7.1.1’ of the Fishery Regulation Assessment Model (FRAM) base period as they relate to modeled abundances of Chinook salmon stocks used in determining the southern resident killer whale (SRKW) Chinook salmon abundance threshold.
2. Technical review of the updates to Chinook salmon ocean distribution models that derive from two publications (Shelton et al. 2019, 2021) and are used to apportion the modeled abundance of Chinook salmon stocks among ocean regions.
3. Discussion of whether the Sacramento Index forecast should be expressed as a mean or median.
4. Review of the basis behind the Sacramento River Fall Chinook conservation objective.
5. FRAM technical detail documentation.
If time allows additional topics may be discussed, including but not limited to future Pacific Council agenda items and salmon related topics of interest to the STT and SSC Salmon Subcommittee.
To attend the online meeting
Please join using this link: https://v.ringcentral.com/launcher/080648706
Meeting ID: 080648706
Or dial: +1 (650) 4191505 United States (San Mateo, CA)
Access Code / Meeting ID: 080648706
International numbers available: https://v.ringcentral.com/teleconference
PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 8 or 10
Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet (See your phone’s App Store and search for RingCentral meeting or visit RingCentral Mobile App site)
Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2412 at least ten business days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the online meetings, please contact Robin Ehlke at 503-820-2410; toll free 1-866-806-7204, extension 410.