The Pacific Fishery Management Council (Pacific Council) and the NMFS Northwest Science Center will hold an online workshop to review data and analyses proposed to inform new assessments for Dover sole, copper rockfish, quillback rockfish, and squarespot scheduled to be conducted next year, which is open to the public. The meeting will be held Monday, October 26, 2020, starting at 12:30 p.m. (Pacific Daylight Time) and ending at 4:30 p.m., or when business for the day is complete. The pre-assessment workshop will continue on Tuesday, October 27, 2020 beginning at 12:30 p.m. and continuing until 4:30 p.m. or until business for the day has been completed.
Purpose of the meeting
The purpose of the pre-assessment workshop is to review data and analyses proposed to inform 2021 assessments for Dover sole, copper rockfish, quillback rockfish, and squarespot rockfish. Stock assessment teams will solicit advice from data stewards, stakeholders, and fishery managers knowledgeable about these stocks and these data to prepare for these assessments.
No management actions will be decided by the workshop participants. The participants’ role will be development of recommendations for consideration by the stock assessment teams assigned to conduct these assessments. Assessments for these four stocks are tentatively scheduled for peer review in a May 3-7, 2021 Stock Assessment Review (STAR) panel. The Pacific Council and the Pacific Council’s Scientific and Statistical Committee are scheduled to consider these draft assessments for use in informing management decisions at their June 2021 meeting in Vancouver, WA.
To attend the online meeting
- Join the meeting by visiting this link: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1489505204
- Enter the Meeting ID: 148 950 5204 and click JOIN
- Next you will be prompted to either:
- Download the RingCentral meetings application, OR
- Join the meeting without a download via your web browser.
- Please enter your name and click Join.
- You may use your telephone for the audio portion of the meeting by dialing the TOLL number provided on your screen, followed by the meeting ID and participant ID, also provided on the screen.
- Once connected, you will be in the meeting, seeing other participants and a shared screen, if applicable.
IF you do not have the ability to use the RingCentral application via computer or mobile device, please join the “audio only” portion of the online meeting by calling one of the phone numbers listed below.
Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
+1(623)4049000 (US West)
+1(720)9027700 (US Central)
+1(469)4450100 (US South)
+1(470)8692200 (US East)
+1(773)2319226 (US North)
Meeting ID: 148 950 5204
International numbers available: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/teleconference
- How to join a RingCentral Meeting
- How to video
- Troubleshooting guide: RingCentral cannot access your microphone
- PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 8 or 10
- Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet (See your phone’s App Store and search for RingCentral meeting or visit RingCentral Mobile App site)
Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2412 at least ten business days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the webinar, please contact John DeVore at 503-820-2413; toll free 1-866-806-7204, extension 413.