The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s (Pacific Council) Highly Migratory Species Advisory Subpanel (HMSAS) and HMS Management Team (HMSMT) will conduct online meetings, which are open to the public. The HMSMT will hold an online meeting on Friday, January 15, 2021, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The HMSMT and HMSAS will meet jointly from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., or until business is completed, on the same day.
Purpose of the meetings
The National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) is seeking clarifications on the Pacific Council’s September 2019 proposal to authorize deep-set buoy gear and specifically criteria the Pacific Council identified for individuals to receive a permit under the proposed limited entry permit program to use the gear in the Southern California Bight. The HMSMT will first meet to discuss options for Pacific Council consideration in drafting its clarifications for NMFS. The HMSMT will then discuss these options to the HMSAS. Based on that discussion, the HMSMT will report to the Pacific Council at its March 2021 meeting on its recommendations. The HMSAS may also comment to the Pacific Council on the HMSMT recommendations at that time. The HMSMT and HMSAS may also discuss other relevant items scheduled on the Pacific Council’s March 2021 meeting agenda, time permitting.
To attend the online meetings
- Join the meeting by using this link: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/join,
- Enter the Meeting ID: 149 603 6718 and click JOIN
- Next you will be prompted to either download:
- the RingCentral meetings application OR
- join the meeting without a download via your web browser,
- Enter your name and click JOIN.
- You may use your telephone for the audio portion of the meeting by dialing the TOLL number provided on your screen, followed by the meeting ID and participant ID (also provided on the screen)
- Once connected, you will be in the meeting, seeing other participants and a shared screen, if applicable.
If you are not able to use the RingCentral application via computer or mobile device, please join the “audio only” portion of the online meeting by calling one of the numbers below.
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current U.S. location):
- US: +1(623) 404 9000 (US West)
- +1(650) 242 4929
- +1(720) 902 7700 (US Central)
- +1(213) 250 5700
- +1(346) 980 4201
- +1(470) 869 2200 (US East)
- +1(646) 357 3664
- +1(773) 231 9226 (US North)
- +1(312) 263 0281
- +1(469) 445 0100 (US South)
- Meeting ID: 149 603 6718
Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2412 at least ten business days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the webinar, please contact Dr. Kit Dahl at 503-820-2422; toll free 1-866-806-7204, extension 410.