The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s (Pacific Council) Groundfish Subcommittee of the Scientific and Statistical Committee (SSC) will hold an online meeting to review requested analyses exploring scale uncertainty in the new spiny dogfish stock assessment and rebuilding analyses for copper rockfish and quillback rockfish in California. The online meeting will be held Wednesday, September 29, 2021, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) and Thursday, September 30, 2021, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PDT.
Purpose of the meeting
The SSC’s Groundfish Subcommittee will review further analyses for a new assessment of spiny dogfish as requested by the Pacific Council at their June 2021 meeting. The SSC Groundfish Subcommittee will also review new rebuilding analyses for copper rockfish in California south of Pt. Conception and quillback rockfish in California. These actions were recommended by the SSC Groundfish Subcommittee at their August 17, 2021 review of these assessments and follows the procedures outlined in the Pacific Council’s Terms of Reference for the Groundfish and Coastal Pelagic Species Stock Assessment Review Process for 2021-2022. The Groundfish Subcommittee will prepare their recommendations for SSC and Pacific Council consideration at their November 2021 meetings.
September 29-30 agenda: Groundfish Subcommittee of the SSC
Assessment Comparison Criteria PPT
Commercial Fishery CPUE Considerations
Evaluating new otolith reads for growth estimation of copper rockfish off the U.S. West Coast
Copper Rockfish: Rebuilding Plan for the area South of Point Conception off the cost of CA
Evaluating available information to determine stock management delineation for Copper Rockfish off the US West Coast
To attend the online meeting
- Join the meeting by using this link: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/join
- Enter the Meeting ID: 144 249 0208 and click JOIN
- Next you will be prompted to either download:
- the RingCentral meetings application OR
- join the meeting without a download via your web browser,
- Enter your name and click JOIN.
- You may use your telephone for the audio portion of the meeting by dialing the TOLL number provided on your screen, followed by the meeting ID and participant ID (also provided on the screen)
- Once connected, you will be in the meeting, seeing other participants and a shared screen, if applicable.
For the best audio experience, please use computer audio. If you are not able to use the RingCentral application via computer or mobile device, please join the “audio only” portion of the online meeting by calling one of the numbers below.
Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1(623)4049000 (US West)
+1(720)9027700 (US Central)
+1(470)8692200 (US East)
+1(773)2319226 (US North)
+1(469)4450100 (US South)
Meeting ID: 144 249 0208
International numbers available: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/teleconference
- PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 8 or 10
- Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet (See your phone’s App Store and search for RingCentral meeting or visit RingCentral Mobile App site)
For technical assistance, you may send an email to Kris Kleinschmidt or call/text 503-820-2412; or email Sandra Krause or call/text 503-820-2419.
Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2412 at least ten business days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the meeting, please contact John DeVore at 503-820-2413; toll free 1-866-806-7204, extension 413.