The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s (Pacific Council) Groundfish Management Team (GMT) will hold an online meeting to discuss items on the Pacific Council’s November 2020 meeting agenda. This meeting is open to the public. The meeting will be held Friday, November 6, 2020, starting at 9 a.m. (Pacific Standard Time) and ending at 12 p.m., or when business for the day is complete.
Purpose of the meeting
The primary purpose of the GMT webinar is to prepare for the Pacific Council’s November 2020 meeting. The GMT will discuss items related to groundfish and Pacific halibut management and administrative Pacific Council agenda items. A detailed agenda for the webinar will be available on the Pacific Council’s website prior to the meeting. The GMT may also address other assignments relating to groundfish management. No management actions will be decided by the GMT.
To attend the online meeting
- Join the meeting by using this link: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/join,
- Enter the Meeting ID: 149 819 3717 and click JOIN
- Next you will be prompted to either download:
- the RingCentral meetings application OR
- join the meeting without a download via your web browser,
- Enter your name and click JOIN.
- You may use your telephone for the audio portion of the meeting by dialing the TOLL number provided on your screen, followed by the meeting ID and participant ID (also provided on the screen)
- Once connected, you will be in the meeting, seeing other participants and a shared screen, if applicable.
If you are not able to use the RingCentral application via computer or mobile device, please join the “audio only” portion of the online meeting by calling one of the numbers below.
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
- (623) 404-9000 (US West)
- (646) 357-3664
- (650) 242-4929
- (470) 869-2200 (US East)
- (720) 902-7700 (US Central)
- (773) 231-9226 (US North)
- (213) 250-5700
- (312) 263-0281
- (346) 980-4201
- (469) 445-0100 (US South)
- How to join a RingCentral Meeting
- How to video
- Troubleshooting guide: RingCentral cannot access your microphone
- PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 8 or 10
- Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet (See your phone’s App Store and search for RingCentral meeting or visit RingCentral Mobile App site)
Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2412 at least ten business days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the webinar, please contact Todd Phillips at 503-820-2426; toll free 1-866-806-7204, extension 426.