The Pacific Fishery Management Council (Pacific Council) will convene a webinar meeting of its Ad Hoc Sablefish Management and Trawl Allocation Attainment Committee (SaMTAAC). The meeting is open to the public. The webinar meeting will be held Wednesday, April 1, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time. The scheduled ending time for the SaMTAAC webinar is an estimate, the meeting will adjourn when business for the day is completed.
Purpose of the webinar
At this meeting, the SaMTAAC will continue to develop alternatives that address obstacles to achieving the goals and objectives of the groundfish trawl catch share plan related to under-attainment of non-sablefish shorebased trawl allocations. The SaMTAAC’s work on alternatives will be presented at the June 2020 Pacific Council meeting. Further information on the work of the SaMTAAC is available on the sablefish area management and trawl allocation attainment webpage.
- SaMTAAC April 1, 2020 agenda
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item A.2, Attachment 1: SaMTAAC Charge and Principles
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item B, NMFS Report: National Marine Fisheries Service Report (also covers Agenda Item D.2)
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item B, Attachment 1: Sablefish Management and Trawl Allocation Attainment Committee (SaMTAAC) Alternatives (Ver: March 26, 2020)
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item C.1, Attachment 1: Overview: Qualifying Requirement Options (All Alternatives)
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item C.2, Attachment 1: Staff Report on The Qualification Criteria from the January 2020 Range of Alternatives
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item D.1, Attachment 1: Overview: Treatment of Gear Switching Overages
SaMTAAC Agenda Item E.1, Attachment 1: Other Alternative 1 Issues
SaMTAAC Agenda Item F.1, Attachment 1: Other Alternative 2 Issues
SaMTAAC Agenda Item G.1, Attachment 1: Other Alternative 3 Issues
SaMTAAC Agenda Item H.1, Attachment 1: Review Purpose and Need and Range of Alternatives
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item H.1, Attachment 2: Comparison of Provisions in the Range of Action Alternatives
- SaMTAAC Agenda Public Comment: Public Comment 1: Lackey
- SaMTAAC April 1 webinar PowerPoint: Presenter’s Jim Seger and Jessi Doerpinghaus
To attend the webinar (RingCentral)
- Join the meeting by visiting this link:
- Enter the Meeting ID: 5038202416 and click JOIN
- Next you will be prompted to either:
- Download the RingCentral meetings application, OR
- Join the meeting without a download via your web browser.
- Please enter your name and click Join.
- You must use your telephone for the audio portion of the meeting by dialing the TOLL number provided on your screen, followed by the meeting ID and participant ID, also provided on the screen.
- Once connected, you will be in the meeting, seeing other participants and a shared screen, if applicable.
Technical information and instructions
- How to join a RingCentral Meeting
- How to video
- Troubleshooting guide: RingCentral cannot access your microphone
- PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 8 or 10
- Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet (See your phone’s App Store and search for RingCentral meeting or visit RingCentral Mobile App site)
You may send an email to Kris Kleinschmidt or contact him at 503-820-2280, extension 412 for technical assistance.
Public listening station
A public listening station will also be provided at the Council office.
Pacific Fishery Management Council
7700 NE Ambassador Place, Suite 101
Portland, OR 97220-1384
This meeting is physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2412 at least ten business days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the webinar, please contact Dr. Jim Seger at 503-820-2416; toll-free 1-866-806-7204.