The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s ad hoc Sablefish Management and Trawl Allocation Attainment Committee (SaMTAAC) met, October 9-10, 2019 in Portland, Oregon. This announcement published in the Federal Register on 09/12/2019
At its meeting, the SaMTAAC continued their work to develop alternatives that address obstacles to achieving the goals and objectives of the groundfish trawl catch share plan related to under-attainment of non-sablefish shorebased trawl allocations. The SaMTAAC’s work on alternatives was presented at the November 2019 Pacific Council meeting.
Based on its proceedings at this meeting, the SaMTAAC provided a progress report to the Council (Agenda Item H.7.a, SaMTAAC Report 1; November 2019 briefing book).
- SaMTAAC October 2019 Meeting Agenda
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item D.2, NMFS Report: National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Report on the Purpose and Need Statement
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item D.3, Attachment 1: Goals, Objectives and National Standards
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item D.4, Attachment 1: SaMTAAC Principles (From October 2018)
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item E.1, Alternatives: SaMTAAC Action Alternatives
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item E.2, Attachment 1: Analysis of Sablefish Management and Trawl Allocation Attainment Issues
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item E.2, Supplemental Attachment 2: Supplement to: Analysis of Sablefish Management and Trawl Allocation Attainment Issues
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item E.3, NMFS Report 1: National Marine Fisheries Service Report.
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item E.3, NMFS Report 2: NWFSC Review of WDFW QS Owner Scoring Method
- SaMTAAC Agenda Item F.1, Attachment 1: Key Questions Remaining To Fully Develop Each Alternative.
- SaMTAAC Analysis Powerpoint
- SaMTAAC Public Comment 1: Cohen
- SaMTAAC Public Comment 2: Trawl Stakeholders 1
- SaMTAAC Public Comment 3: OTC
- SaMTAAC Public Comment 4: WCSPA
- SaMTAAC Public Comment 5: Pacific Seafood
- SaMTAAC Public Comment 6: Stake Holder Alternative 2
- SaMTAAC Public Comment 7: Stake Holder Alternative 2 Rationale
- SaMTAAC Public Comment 8: Lackey
- SaMTAAC Public Comment 9: Lackey Powerpoint