The NOAA Hydrographic Services Review Panel (HSRP), is a Federal Advisory Committee that advises the NOAA Administrator.
The next HSRP public (virtual) meeting is March 3-4, 2021, and information is available at: https://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/hsrp/hsrp.html
The NOAA Hydrographic Services Review Panel (HSRP) announces the 2022 Call for Nominations and notes the information is published in a Federal Register Notice: – Federal Register Notice for HSRP Call for Nominations for 2022: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/12/29/2020-28746/hydrographic-services-review-panel
The panel advises NOAA on operations and research issues related to navigation, hydrographic surveying, nautical charts, tides and currents, geodetic and geospatial data and measurements, Arctic priorities and coastal data and resilience. Applicants should have expertise in marine navigation, port administration, maritime shipping or other intermodal transportation industries, cartography and geographic information systems, geodesy, geospatial data, physical oceanography, coastal resource management, including coastal resilience and emergency response, or other science-related fields.
Due date and requirements:
Nominations are due via email no later than April 26, 2021, are limited to 8 pages, require a cover letter with response to 5 questions, a short bio and a resume as noted in the FRN below. While nominations are due on April 26 for a start date of January 1, 2022, you’re encouraged to make early submissions. There is a rolling admission – and if you miss the April 26, 2021 deadline, we will keep your nomination on file for future HSRP panel openings.
For the nomination requirements, background on the HSRP panel, and NOAA’s National Ocean Service navigation service programs, data and information, please find the following links below:
NOAA HSRP Nomination Information – Federal Register Notice & FAQs:
– HSRP Nomination information: https://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/hsrp/call-application.html https://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/hsrp/call-application.html
– Federal Register Notice for HSRP Call for Nominations for 2022: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/12/29/2020-28746/hydrographic-services-review-panel
– FAQs HSRP call for nominations for new members 29DEC2020.pdf
NOAA HSRP background information:
– HSRP recommendations to NOAA: https://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/hsrp/recommendations.html
– HSRP Member info/bios: https://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/hsrp/panel.html
– HSRP Public Meetings: https://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/hsrp/meetings.html
– HSRP Working Groups: https://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/hsrp/workinggroups.html
– HSRP Information: https://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/hsrp/hsrp.html
NOAA’s National Ocean Service navigation service programs, data and information:
For further information or questions contact: Lynne Mersfelder-Lewis
Program Manager, Hydrographic Services Review Panel, Federal Advisory Committee Office of Coast Survey, National Ocean Service, NOAA, N/CS
Phone: 240-533-0064; cell 240-691-6106; Lynne.Mersfelder@noaa.gov
HSRP recommendations and issue papers: https://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/hsrp/hsrp.htm