The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s (Pacific Council) Scientific and Statistical Committee’s (SSC’s) Salmon Subcommittee will meet to review the SSC’s role in reviewing salmon forecast methodologies and other analyses informing Pacific Council decisions as specified in the Pacific Coast Salmon Fishery Management Plan (FMP) and in Council Operating Procedure (COP) 15. The SSC Salmon Subcommittee may also discuss how best scientific information available (BSIA) determinations for salmon decision-making might be structured. The online meeting will be held Friday, June 4, 2021 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time.
Purpose of the meeting
The purpose of the SSC Salmon Subcommittee meeting will be to review the Pacific Coast Salmon FMP and COP 15 to evaluate the SSC’s role in future methodology reviews of salmon run forecast methodologies and other analyses used by the Pacific Council in management decision-making. The SSC will seek clarification from the Pacific Council at its June 2021 meeting regarding their role in reviewing salmon run forecasts. The SSC Salmon Subcommittee may also discuss BSIA determinations for salmon decision-making that could inform SSC recommendations on the regional BSIA framework which are scheduled to be presented at the September 2021 Pacific Council meeting.
To attend the online meeting
- Join the meeting by using this link: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/join
- Enter the Meeting ID: 145 654 3727 and click JOIN
- Next you will be prompted to either download:
- the RingCentral meetings application OR
- join the meeting without a download via your web browser,
- Enter your name and click JOIN.
- You may use your telephone for the audio portion of the meeting by dialing the TOLL number provided on your screen, followed by the meeting ID and participant ID (also provided on the screen)
- Once connected, you will be in the meeting, seeing other participants and a shared screen, if applicable.
For the best audio experience, please use computer audio. If you are not able to use the RingCentral application via computer or mobile device, please join the “audio only” portion of the online meeting by calling one of the numbers below.
Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
Meeting ID: 145 654 3727
International numbers available: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/teleconference
For technical assistance, you may send an email to Kris Kleinschmidt or call/text 503-820-2412; or email Sandra Krause or call/text 503-820-2419.
Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2412 at least ten business days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the online meetings, please contact John DeVore at 503-820-2413; toll free 1-866-806-7204, extension 413.