The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s (Pacific Council) Highly Migratory Species Advisory Subpanel (HMSAS) and HMS Management Team (HMSMT) will hold a webinar, which is open to the public. The webinar will be held Wednesday, February 26, 2020, from 1:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m., or when business for the day has been completed.
Purpose of the webinar
The primary purpose of this HMSAS/MT webinar is to prepare for the March 2020 Pacific Council meeting. The HMS topics on the Pacific Council’s March agenda are:
- National Marine Fisheries Report,
- Review of Essential Fish Habitat—Scoping,
- International Management Recommendations including the U.S.-Canada Albacore Treaty, and
- Drift Gillnet Fishery Hard Caps Update.
The HMSAS/MT may also discuss other items related to HMS management and administrative Pacific Council agenda items. A detailed agenda for the webinar will be available on the Pacific Council’s website prior to the meeting. No management actions will be decided by the HMSAS or HMSMT.
To attend the webinar (RingCentral)
- Join the meeting by visiting this link:
- Enter the Meeting ID: 5038202422 and click JOIN
- Next you will be prompted to either:
- Download the RingCentral meetings application, OR
- Join the meeting without a download via your web browser.
- Please enter your name and click Join.
- You must use your telephone for the audio portion of the meeting by dialing the TOLL number provided on your screen, followed by the meeting ID and participant ID, also provided on the screen.
- Once connected, you will be in the meeting, seeing other participants and a shared screen, if applicable.
Technical information and instructions
- How to join a RingCentral Meeting (webinar attendee instructions)
- PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 8 or 10
- Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet (See your phone’s App Store and search for RingCentral meeting or visit RingCentral Mobile App site)
You may send an email to Kris Kleinschmidt or contact him at 503-820-2280, extension 412 for technical assistance.
Public listening station
A public listening station will also be provided at the Council office.
Pacific Fishery Management Council
7700 NE Ambassador Place, Suite 101
Portland, OR 97220-1384
Public comments during the webinar will be received from attendees at the discretion of the HMSAS and HMSMT chairs.
This meeting is physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2412 at least ten days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the webinar, please contact Dr. Kit Dahl at 503-820-2422; toll free 1-866-806-7204, extension 422.
This notice was published in the Federal Register on 02/07/2020.