The current salmon season (May 1, 2019-April 30, 2020 management measures are available in Preseason Report III: Council-Adopted Management Measures and Environmental Assessment Part 3 for 2019 Ocean Salmon Fishery Regulations. The links below provide access to the management measures for specific sectors.
Other sources of current season data
Up-to-date information on inseason changes is available from the sources below.
- NMFS’ salmon fishery regulations booklet for 2019
- NMFS West Coast Region salmon website including opportunity to sign up for the NMFS West Coast Region listserv to get e-mail announcements about salmon management
- Ocean salmon hotline: (800) 662-9825 or (206) 526-6667. Recorded message is updated to provide inseason changes to the regulations as they occur.
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife California salmon fishing hotline: (707) 576-3429
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife General contact number for ocean salmon fisheries, Oregon Marine Resources Program: (541) 867-4741
- Sign up for the Oregon Ocean Salmon e-mail/text notification service:
- Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Washington fishing hotline: (360) 902-2500