This recipe offers a new spin on the old tuna sandwich. Instead of bread, lettuce leaves make up the backbone of this sandwich.
- 2.6 oz of your favorite locally caught tuna
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 Tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 2 medium butter lettuce leaves (or other round lettuce leaves)
- Optional: seasoning mix
In a medium bowl, mix tuna, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. If you like, season to taste with seasoning mix.
Add tomato, onion, and cilantro, and stir well.
Divide mixture between lettuce leaves, wrap and enjoy.
Originally found here. Source: Starkist/Hungry Girl