- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbspns chopped tarragon (or 2 tspn dried)
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna (preferably West Coast albacore)*, drained
- 1 small head fennel, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 of a small red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound mixed greens (romaine, butter lettuce, radicchio, and arugula) or spring mix
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
Using a whisk or a blender, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, tarragon, and parsley. Lightly chunk the tuna, then toss it with the fennel, celery, onion, and most of the dressing. Reserve.
If you’re using mixed greens, trim, wash, dry, and slice them cross-wise into 1-inch-wide strips. Toss the mixed greens or spring mix with the remaining dressing. Arrange on serving plates. Top with the tuna salad, and garnish with the bell peppers and olives.
Adapted from Epicurious.com.