The National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) published its final List of Fisheries (LOF) for 2020, as required by the Marine Mammal Protection Act. The final LOF for 2020 reflects new information on interactions between commercial fisheries and marine mammals.
This final rule is effective May 18, 2020. Information regarding the LOF may be obtained from the NMFS LOF website. You may also download the Final Rule published April 16, 2020.
For further information, please contact the following NMFS Staff member:
- Jaclyn Taylor, Office of Protected Resources, 301–427–8402
- Allison Rosner, Greater Atlantic Region, 978–281–9328
- Jessica Powell, Southeast Region, 727–824– 5312
- Dan Lawson, West Coast Region, 562–980–3209
- Suzie Teerlink, Alaska Region, 907– 586–7240
- Kevin Brindock, Pacific Islands Region, 808–725–5146
- Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the hearing impaired may call the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday, excluding Federal holidays