As part of its Climate and Communities Initiative (CCI) the Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) is sponsoring a series of webinars with its advisory bodies, which are open to the public.
The webinars will be held on the following dates and times:
- Highly Migratory Species Advisory Subpanel and Management Team: Wednesday, May 20, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Scientific and Statistical Committee: Tuesday, May 26, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Groundfish Advisory Subpanel and Management Team: Thursday, May 28, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Coastal Pelagic Species Advisory Subpanel and Management Team: Monday, June 1, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Salmon Advisory Subpanel and Technical Team: Tuesday, June 2, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Habitat Committee: Friday, June 5, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Purpose of this webinar series
The Council’s Climate and Communities Core Team (CCCT) is coordinating a scenario planning process to explore potential fisheries management challenges under climate variability and change. During a two-day scenario development workshop in January 2020, more than 70 participants, including representatives from each of the Council’s advisory bodies, developed four scenarios to be used in a stakeholder driven strategic planning process. This is designed to meet the CCI goal to consider strategies for improving the flexibility and responsiveness of our management actions to near-term climate shift and long-term climate change, and strategies for increasing the resiliency of our managed stocks and fisheries to those changes. The CCCT is now enhancing the clarity of descriptions for each of the four scenarios (also referred to as ‘deepening’ the scenarios). The purpose of this webinar series is to solicit input from the Council’s advisory bodies on how possible future conditions described in each of these scenarios might affect the species and fisheries managed under the Council’s fishery management plans.
To attend the online meetings (GoToMeeting)
- Use this link: https://www.gotomeeting.com/meeting/join-meeting
- Enter the Meeting ID/Access Code: 240-804-645
- Please enter your name and email address (required)
- You may use your telephone for the audio portion of the meeting by dialing this TOLL number +1 (872-240-3412)
- Enter your audio phone pin (shown after joining the meeting).
- PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 10,8
- Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet (See the GoToMeeting Webinar Apps)
Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2412 at least ten business days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the webinar, please contact Kit Dahl at 503-820-2422; toll-free 1-866-806-7204.