Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s (Pacific Council) Highly Migratory Species Advisory Subpanel (HMSAS) and Highly Migratory Species Management Team (HMSMT) will hold a webinar, which is open to the public. The HMSMT and HMSAS will develop recommendations for the North Pacific albacore management strategy evaluation to be conducted by the International Scientific Committee for Tuna and Tuna-Like Species in the North Pacific Ocean. Recommendations may include management objectives, harvest control rules, biological reference points, and evaluation criteria. Recommendations will be forwarded to U.S. government representatives to the planned special meeting of the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission Northern Committee to be held in December 2015.
The HMSAS Chair and the HMSMT Chair will act as co-chairs and comments from the public during the webinar will be received from attendees at their discretion.
Agenda and Meeting Materials
- Proposed Agenda, November 3, 2015 Webinar, North Pacific Albacore Management Strategy Evaluation Recommendations
- Draft for PAC Discussion: “Pacific Fishery Management Council Initial Concepts for North Pacific Albacore Management Strategy Evaluation”
- North Pacific Albacore Management Strategy Based on the Pacific Fishery Management Council’s Highly Migratory Species Fishery Management Plan
- Excerpts from Previous Council/U.S. Recommendations on North Pacific Albacore Management Strategy Evaluation
- WCPFC Informational Paper (WCPFC-NC11-2015/IP-12): Management Strategy Evaluation Template: Information and Instructions
- Albacore MSE Powerpoint: Management Strategy Evaluation North Pacific Albacore Council Recommendations WCPFC Northern Committee Meeting, December 2015
Date and Time of Webinar
The webinar will be held Tuesday, November 3, 2015, from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Pacific Time, or until business for the day is completed. Information on how to participate is below.
To Attend the Webinar
- Join the meeting by visiting this link:
- Enter the Webinar ID: 135-307-211
- Please enter your name and email -address (required)
AFTER logging in to the webinar, please:
- Dial this TOLL number +1 (631) 992-3221 (not a toll-free number)
- Enter the Attendee phone audio access code 199-048-743;
- Then enter your audio phone pin (shown after joining the webinar).
Participants are encouraged to use their telephone, as this is the best practice to avoid technical issues and excessive feedback. (See the PFMC GoToMeeting Audio Diagram for best practices).
Technical Information and System Requirements
- PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 7, Vista, or XP
- Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet GoToMeeting Webinar Apps)
You may send an email to Mr. Kris Kleinschmidt or contact him at 503-820-2280, extension 425 for technical assistance.
Public Listening Station
A public listening station will also be provided at the Council office.
Pacific Fishery Management Council
7700 NE Ambassador Place, Suite 101
Portland, OR 97220-1384
This meeting is physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Mr. Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2425 at least five days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the webinar, please contact Dr. Kit Dahl at 503-820-2422; toll free 1-866-806-7204; ext. 422.