Wednesday, March 30th, 2016
The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s (Council) Highly Migratory Species Advisory Subpanel (HMSAS) and Highly Migratory Species Management Team (HMSMT) will hold a joint meeting by webinar, which is open to the public. The webinar will be held on Thursday, May 12, 2016, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Pacific Time, or when business for the day is concluded.
The primary purpose of the webinar is to provide advice to Council-sponsored attendees to the Second North Pacific Albacore Management Strategy Evaluation Workshop sponsored by the International Scientific Committee for Tuna and Tuna-Like Species in the North Pacific Ocean (ISC). The workshop will be held May 24-25, 2016, in Yokohama, Japan. In January 2016 the Secretariat of the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC) circulated a list of management objectives and related questions compiled by Dr. John Holmes, Chair of the ISC’s Albacore Working Group based on input from members of the WCPFC’s Northern Committee. (See the Webinar Materials below for that document). The HMSAS and HMSMT will use this document as a reference for providing advice to the workshop attendees.
- Letter dated November 10, 2015 from Dr. McIsaac to Mr. Tosatto, NMFS: Council recommendations for the North Pacific albacore management strategy evaluation
- WCPFC-NC11-2015/IP-12-Supplement: NC Member’s Response to Management Strategy Evaluation Template: Information and Instructions
- List of management objectives and related questions compiled by Dr. John Holmes, Chair of the ISC’s Albacore Working Group based on input from members of the WCPFC’s Northern Committee
To Attend the Webinar
- Join the meeting by visiting this link:
- Enter the Webinar ID: 109-140-403
- Please enter your name and email -address (required)
AFTER logging in to the webinar, please:
- Dial this TOLL number +1 (213) 929-4212 (not a toll-free number)
- Enter the Attendee phone audio access code 300-135-098;
- Then enter your audio phone pin (shown after joining the webinar).
We encourage participants to use their telephone by selecting “Use Telephone” once you have joined the webinar. If you do not select “Use Telephone” you will be connected to audio using your computer’s microphone and speakers (VolP). (See the PFMC GoToMeeting Audio Diagram for best practices).
Technical Information and System Requirements
- PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 7, Vista, or XP
- Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet GoToMeeting Webinar Apps)
You may send an email to Mr. Kris Kleinschmidt or contact him at 503-820-2280, extension 425 for technical assistance.
Public Listening Station
A public listening station will also be provided at the Council office.
Pacific Fishery Management Council
7700 NE Ambassador Place, Suite 101
Portland, OR 97220-1384
Public comments during the webinar will be accepted from attendees at the discretion of the chairs of the HMSAS and HMSMT.
The listening station for this meeting at the Council office is physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Mr. Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-820-2425 at least five days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the webinar, please contact Dr. Kit Dahl at 503-820-2422; toll-free 1-866-806-7204.SHARE THIS: