Monday, November 25th, 2013
The National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) announces publication of the Compliance Guide for the Pacific Coast Groundfish Trawl Rationalization Program, Program Improvement and Enhancement Rule (PIE 2).
Hard copies of this compliance guide will be mailed to:
- All limited entry permit owners (including Mothership endorsed, Mothership/ Catcher Vessel endorsed, and Catcher/ Processor endorsed),
- All vessel owners with a vessel currently registered to a limited entry permit,
- All quota share permit owners,
- All vessel account owners, and
- All first receivers with a current first receiver site license.
Additionally, the compliance guide is now available online here:
NMFS also announces a PIE 2 “goto meeting” workshop, which will be held December 11, 2013 from 1pm to 4pm PST. This workshop will be comprised of a conference call-in line and an online presentation. The presentation will consist of an online QS trading tutorial, and a presentation regarding the other regulatory changes implemented by PIE 2. This will be followed by a question and answer session. Attendance is limited, and will be managed on a “first come, first served” basis. If there is sufficient demand, additional workshops will be scheduled.
If you would like to attend the PIE 2 workshop, please RSVP to Ariel Jacobs, (206) 526-4491, firstname.lastname@example.org.