Friday, February 26th, 2016
The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s (Pacific Council) Groundfish Management Team (GMT) will hold a webinar that is open to the public. The primary purpose of the meeting is to prepare for the March and April 2016 Council meetings. Specific agenda topics relevant to the March 2016 meeting include an update on the salmon Endangered Species Act consultation and changes to trawl catch share program gear regulations. The GMT will also receive a presentation from the Northwest Fisheries Science Center on the initial stock assessment planning materials, which will be presented and discussed at the April 2016 meeting. The GMT may also address other assignments relating to groundfish management. No management actions will be decided by the GMT. Public comment will be accommodated if time allows, at the discretion of the GMT Chair. The GMT’s task will be to develop recommendations for consideration by the Pacific Council at its March and April meetings.
Date and Time of Webinar
The GMT webinar will be held on Tuesday, March 1, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. until 12 p.m.
Agenda and Webinar Materials
- DRAFT, Gear Changes in the Groundfish Fishery Trawl Catch Share Program, Draft for GMT webinar 3/1/2016; Agenda Item G.8
- DRAFT, Prioritizing Fish Stock Assessments; Developing Draft Scores for Pacific Coast Groundfish; Draft for GMT webinar 3/1/2016
- REVISED Excel Spreadsheet: Draft F8 West Coast Groundfish Prioritization draft work 2-29-16
- GMT March 2016 Webinar Agenda
To Attend the Webinar
- Join the meeting by visiting this link:
- Enter the Webinar ID: 137-048-875
- Please enter your name and email -address (required)
AFTER logging in to the webinar, please:
- Dial this TOLL number +1 (415) 930-5321 (not a toll-free number)
- Enter the Attendee phone audio access code 748-538-268;
- Then enter your audio phone pin (shown after joining the webinar).
Participants are encouraged to use their telephone, as this is the best practice to avoid technical issues and excessive feedback. (See the PFMC GoToMeeting Audio Diagram for best practices).
Technical Information and System Requirements
- PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 7, Vista, or XP
- Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet GoToMeeting Webinar Apps)
Public Listening Station
A public listening station will also be provided at the Council office.
This meeting is physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Mr. Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2425 at least five days prior to the meeting date.