Thursday, January 29th, 2015
The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s (Council) Groundfish Advisory Subpanel (GAP) will hold a webinar on Tuesday, March 3, 2015, which is open to the public. The webinar will begin at 10 a.m. and is expected to end no later than 12 p.m. The primary purpose of the webinar is to discuss and develop statements for the Council’s March 2015 meeting in Vancouver, Washington on two agenda items: 1) Recommendations for incidental halibut retention allowances in the sablefish fishery north of Pt. Chehalis, Washington – this topic will only be discussed if the Area 2A Pacific halibut Total Allowable Catch is high enough to provide such opportunities; and 2) Ecosystem Plan Initiatives -the Council will prioritize a list of fishery ecosystem plan initiatives and provide direction for additional consideration of the highest priority issue(s). Other pertinent items that are on the Council’s agenda for the March meeting may be addressed if time allows.
New! Webinar Materials
- Proposed Agenda, Groundfish Advisory Subpanel Webinar March 3, 2015
- GAP March 3, 2015 Webinar Instructional Guide
- Agenda Item E.2: Review of Fishery Ecosystem Plan Initiatives
- Agenda Item E.2.a, Attachment 1: Ecosystem Initiatives Appendix To The Pacific Coast Fishery Ecosystem Plan
- Agenda Item E.2.b, Ecosystem Advisory Subpanel Report
- Agenda Item E.2.c, Public Comment
- Council Agenda Item E.4: Unmanaged Forage Fish Protection Final Action
- Agenda Item G.2: Incidental Catch Recommendations for the Salmon Troll and Fixed Gear Sablefish Fisheries
- Agenda Item G.2.a, Attachment 1: Summary of Pacific Halibut Incidental Catch Management
To Attend the Webinar
- Join the meeting by visiting this link:
- Enter the Webinar ID: 101-963-979
- Please enter your name and email address (required)
Once you have joined the webinar, choose either your computer’s audio or select “Use Telephone.” If you do not select “Use Telephone” you will be connected to audio using your computer’s microphone and speakers (VolP). (See the PFMC GoToMeeting Audio Diagram for best practices).
If you do not have a headset and speakers, you may use your telephone for the audio portion of the meeting by dialing this TOLL number 1-702-489-0004 (not a toll-free number), then enter your phone audio access code 502-039-210, then enter your audio phone pin (shown after joining the webinar).
- PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 7, Vista, or XP
- Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet (See the GoToMeeting Webinar Apps)
You may send an email to Mr. Kris Kleinschmidt or contact him at 503-820-2280, extension 425 for technical assistance.
Public Listening Station
A public listening station will also be provided at the Council office.
Pacific Fishery Management Council
7700 NE Ambassador Place, Suite 101
Portland, OR 97220-1384
Public comments during the webinar will be received from attendees at the discretion of the GAP chair.
The listening station for this meeting at the Council office is physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Mr. Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-820-2425 at least five days prior to the meeting date. If you have additional questions regarding the webinar, please contact Mr. Brett Wiedoff at 503-820-2424; toll-free 1-866-806-7204.