Monday, August 15th, 2016
The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s (Council) Highly Migratory Species Management Team (HMSMT) will hold a meeting by webinar, which is open to the public. The webinar will be held on Thursday, September 8, 2016, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time, or when business for the day is concluded.
The primary purpose of the webinar is for the HMSMT to work on reports for the September 12-20, 2016, Council meeting. The HMSMT discussion of HMS items on the Council agenda are 1) Update on International Issues, 2) Exempted Fishing Permits, 3) Biennial Harvest Specifications and Management Measures, 4) Deep-Set Buoy Gear Exempted Fishing Permit Criteria to Advance Gear Authorization, and 5) Federal Drift Gillnet Permit Amendment.
To Attend the Webinar
- Join the meeting by visiting this link:
- Enter the Webinar ID: 157-057-235
- Please enter your name and email -address (required)
AFTER logging in to the webinar, please:
- Dial this TOLL number +1 (213) 929-4232 (not a toll-free number)
- Enter the Attendee phone audio access code 832-921-033;
- Then enter your audio phone pin (shown after joining the webinar).
Participants are required to use their telephone, as this is the best practice to avoid technical issues and excessive feedback. (See the PFMC GoToMeeting Audio Diagram for best practices).
Technical Information and System Requirements
- PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 7, Vista, or XP
- Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet GoToMeeting Webinar Apps)
You may send an email to Mr. Kris Kleinschmidt or contact him at 503-820-2280, extension 425 for technical assistance.
Public Listening Station
A public listening station will also be provided at the Council office.
Pacific Fishery Management Council
7700 NE Ambassador Place, Suite 101
Portland, OR 97220-1384
Public comments during the webinar will be accepted from attendees at the discretion of the chair of the HMSMT.
The listening station for this meeting at the Council office is physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Mr. Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-820-2425 at least five days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the webinar, please contact Dr. Kit Dahl at 503-820-2422; toll-free 1-866-806-7204.