Ecosystem-Based Management: Proposed Schedule and Draft Documents for FEP Development
This FEP is a living document, which means that the Council anticipates regularly amending and updating the FEP. The following proposed process and schedule is intended to allow the Council to swiftly finalize an initial FEP, with the understanding that the Council will annually assess and update the FEP.
For FEP documents and advisory body reports, please click on the highlighted dates below:
- June 2011: Council moves to develop an advisory FEP, adopts Purpose and Need Statement. Advisory FEP is to be structured so that it could be later converted to an Ecosystem FMP with regulatory authority.
- November 2011: Council reviewed a draft FEP outline, provided recommendations on additions to or subtractions from proposed FEP contents, makes recommendations on prioritizing issues to be considered within the FEP.
- June 2012: Council reviews and initially comments on draft FEP containing chapters on highest-priority issues; Council sends FEP out for public comments.
- November 2012: Council receives comments on draft FEP from its advisory bodies and the public, directs EPDT to revise FEP as appropriate, and adopts 2013 FEP workload priorities.
- February 2013: EPDT releases draft initial FEP for public review, as modified in response to Council direction from November 2012.
- April 2013: Council scheduled to adopt final initial FEP.
- June 2013: Council reviews and initially comments on 2013 FEP priority issues and chapters.
- November 2013: Council receives comments on 2013 draft FEP sections from its advisory bodies and the public, directs EPDT to revise as appropriate, adopts 2014 FEP workload priorities. [Prioritized issues and chapters to be listed here.]
- 2014 and beyond: Council continues to add issues and chapters to FEP in priority order, with draft additions available each June and Council final decisions each November.