Council Operations: Travel and Reimbursement
- Who Does the Council Reimburse?
- PFMC Travel Rules and Per Diem Rates
- PFMC Travel Expense Claims (Concur)
- Nearby Lodging (Where to Stay When Visiting the PFMC Office)
- Who to Contact
Who Does the Council Reimburse?
All nonfederal members of the Pacific Fishery Management Council, Scientific and Statistical Committee, advisory subpanels, technical teams, work groups, ad hoc committees, staff, consultants, and specially invited individuals are eligible to receive reimbursement for limited per diem travel expenses when asked to travel for Council-related purposes.
Reimbursement is only allowed for expenses essential to transacting official Council business.
Unless approved by authorized Council staff, the claimant must have a current photo identification (ID) card issued and signed by the Executive Director in order to claim travel expenses. Photo ID cards are issued to each nonfederal individual in the Council membership at time of appointment or interim benchmark. The claimant must also have a meeting invitation, which lists them as an attendee of the meeting and has been signed by the Executive Director or a designee. Such an invitation is usually sent about three weeks before every Council-funded meeting, typically in memorandum form, and includes the dates, times, and locations of the meeting along with the allowable per diem rates for lodging, meals, and incidental expenses.
Travel Rules and Per Diem Rates
- PFMC Travel Rules (REVISED August 2015)
- GSA Maximum Per Diem Reimbursement Rate Limits
- Download the GSA Per Diem Mobile App (GSA Website, Free Download available for the iPhone, Blackberry, and Android systems)
Expense Claims for meetings that begin as of June 1st will be required to be completed electronically. If you are authorized to travel on PFMC funds, a user-name and password will be supplied to you. Starting June 1, 2015, the link to our online travel and expense is: Concur Solutions.
PFMC Travel Expense Claims (Concur)
As of June 1, 2015, all travel expense claims must be submitted through our on-line Concur account.
If you are authorized to travel on PFMC funds, you have received by email from Ms. Patricia Crouse a user-name and password. The link to use our online travel and expense Concur account is: https://www.concursolutions.com/.
The following helpful hints will walk you through the process of:
- Setting up your profile: A tutorial regarding the profile process can be reached by downloading and reviewing the “PFMC Concur Helpful Tips – Initial log-in and Profile set-up“
- Making an airline reservation: A tutorial regarding making an airline reservation process can be reached by downloading and viewing the “PFMC Concur Helpful Tips – Booking Travel (Airfare/Rail/Hotel/Car Rental)“.
- Completing an expense claim: A tutorial regarding the expense claim process can be reached by downloading and reviewing the “PFMC Concur Helpful Tips – Expense Claims“.
- PFMC’s Expense Claim Tutorial (Videos):
Who to Contact
If you have further questions or have travel that occurred prior to June 1, 2015, please contact:
- Ms. Patricia Crouse at (503) 820-2408 or toll free (866) 806-7204 ext. 408; Fax (503) 820-2299