Council Meetings: Current (or Next) Meeting
March 8-14, 2016 Council Meeting
The Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) and its advisory bodies will meet March 8‐14, 2016 in Sacramento, California to address issues related to salmon, groundfish, Pacific halibut, highly migratory species, ecosystem‐based management, and habitat matters. Listed below are some key agenda items, which include Council considerations to:
- Adopt a range of alternatives for the 2016 ocean salmon fisheries for public review.
- Consider the California current ecosystem and issues relevant to the Coordinated Ecosystem Indicator Review Initiative.
- Consider highly migratory species deep‐set buoy gear and international management activities.
- Adopt final regulations for gear change provisions in groundfish fisheries.
- Adopt final regulations for mid‐water sport fishery in Oregon.
- Adopt final sablefish fishery incidental halibut landing regulations.
Proposed Detailed Agenda and Meeting Notice
- Download the March 8-14, 2016 PFMC Meeting Notice WITH Detailed Agenda (includes public comment deadlines and other logistic information)
- Download the March 8-14, 2016 PFMC Meeting Agenda (agenda only)
The Council and its advisory bodies will meet at the following location:
DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento
2001 Point West Way
Sacramento, CA 95815
Phone: 916-929-8855 or 1-800-686-3775