Council Meetings: Current (or Next) Meeting
April 10-16, 2015 Council Meeting
The Council and its advisory bodies will meet April 10-16, 2015 in Rohnert Park, California to address issues related to salmon, Pacific halibut, groundfish, coastal pelagic species, and essential fish habitat matters.
Key agenda items for the April meeting include Council considerations to:
- Adopt final 2015 ocean salmon fisheries regulations.
- Adopt final 2015 incidental catch recommendations for Pacific halibut in salmon troll fisheries.
- Determine the scope of issues to include in an amendment to revise groundfish Essential Fish Habitat, Rockfish Conservation Areas, and associated management measures.
- Adopt final preferred alternatives for widow rockfish reallocation and divestiture issues.
- Adopt preliminary preferred alternatives for blackgill and slope rockfish reallocation.
- Consider inseason adjustments to the current groundfish fishery and consider a regulatory amendment to manage set-asides.
- Prepare comments on proposed changes to National Standard Guidelines 1, 3, and 7.
- Consider a new sardine stock assessment and adopt management measures for the 2015-16 sardine fishery.
- Adopt a range of alternatives for vessel movement monitoring regulations in Council area commercial fisheries.
Meeting Notice and Agenda
- Download the April 10-16, 2015 Meeting Notice with Agenda (contains full logistics and public comment deadline information)
- Download the April 10-16, 2015 Meeting Agenda
The Pacific Fishery Management Council and its advisory bodies will meet in Rohnert Park, California, at the following location:
DoubleTree by Hilton Sonoma
One Doubletree Drive
Rohnert Park, CA 94928