Council Meetings: Current (or Next) Meeting
Council to Consider a Variety of Issues Affecting Management of Future Coastal Pelagic Species, Groundfish, Highly Migratory Species, Pacific Halibut, and Salmon Fisheries
The Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) and its advisory bodies will meet November 12-19, 2014 in Costa Mesa, California to address issues related to coastal pelagic species, groundfish, Pacific halibut, salmon, highly migratory species management, and habitat matters.
Agenda and Meeting Notice
Listed below are some key agenda items, which include Council considerations to:
- Adopt final preferred alternatives for bluefin tuna management measures for 2015-2016 fisheries;
- Adopt a final preferred alternative for the Pacific sardine harvest fraction parameter;
- Adopt final changes to the 2015 Pacific halibut catch sharing plan and annual fishery regulations;
- Adopt final recommendations for any changes to the lower Columbia River natural coho harvest matrix;
- Take final action to rescind or revise previous Council action of open access registration under groundfish plan Amendment 22;
- Adopt recommendations for adjustments to 2014 and 2015 groundfish fisheries.
- Adopt final changes to salmon methodologies or conservation objectives, and the 2015 preseason management schedule;
- Download a PDF copy of the November 2014 Meeting Notice and Agenda
Please refer to the detailed proposed agenda for a complete list of issues to be addressed. A schedule of advisory group meetings is provided on the last pages of the detailed proposed agenda. Copies of briefing materials prepared for the meeting can be found on our website www.pcouncil.org the week of October 29.
Meeting Locations and Arrangements
The Pacific Fishery Management Council and its advisory bodies will meet November 12-19, 2014 at the following location:
Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa
3050 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
All meetings are open to the public, except a closed executive session scheduled for 1:00 pm on Friday, November 14, 2014, to discuss litigation and administrative appointments. For more information on the meetings, refer to the detailed proposed agenda or call the Council office at 503-820-2280 or 866-806-7204 toll free.
Public Comment Guidelines
The public is encouraged to comment, either verbally at the meeting or in writing. Timing of agenda items may change as the meeting progresses, and items not completed on the scheduled day will be carried over to later in the meeting, usually the next day.
Oral Public Comments
Oral public comments will be accepted during the meeting prior to action on each agenda item.
Written Public Comments
Written public comments are accepted by the Council via one of the methods described below. The public is encouraged to submit written comments as far in advance of the meeting as possible, either by mail, fax, of email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic copies of written testimony is encouraged.
- Comments received by 11:59 p.m. October 20, 2014 will be included in the briefing books mailed to Council members prior to the meeting.
- Comments received after October 20 but by 11:59 p.m. November 5, 2014 will be distributed to Council members at the onset of the meeting.
- If you cannot meet this latter deadline and are going to testify at the meeting, you can provide written testimony for distribution by one of the following methods at the meeting. However, please note these need to be provided to Council staff at the meeting well in advance of your testimony.
- Provide an electronic copy to be posted with other briefing materials, or
- Provide 40 photocopies with the Agenda Item Topic Number in the upper right corner of the front page of each copy. Refer to the attached agenda for the topic numbers; i.e., Agenda Item B.1 refers to public comment under Open Comment Period.
This meeting is open to the public and is physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Carolyn Porter at 503-820-2280 or 866-806-7204 at least five days prior to the meeting date.
One-Way Live Stream Available
The November 14-19, 2014 meeting of the Pacific Fishery Management Council will also be streamed live on the internet. The broadcasts begin at 2 p.m. Pacific Time (PT) Friday, November 14, 2014-Wednesday, November 19, 2014. Broadcasts end daily at 6:00 p.m. PT or when business for the day is complete. Only the audio portion and presentations displayed on the screen at the Council meeting will be broadcast. The audio portion is listen-only; you will be unable to speak to the Council via the broadcast. To access the meeting online go to http://www.joinwebinar.com and enter the November Webinar ID, 430-417-591 and your email address. The online attendance can be done using a computer, tablet, or smart phone, using the GoToMeeting application. It is recommended that you use a computer headset to listen to the meeting, but you may use your telephone for the audio portion only of the meeting. The audio portion may be attended using a telephone by dialing the toll number 1-646-307-1719; phone audio access code 536-452-326 (not a toll-free number).