Council Meetings: Current (or Next) Meeting
Pacific Fishery Management Council to Hold Meetings to Adopt Management Measures for Ocean Fisheries
March 6-12, 2015 Council Meeting
The Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) and its advisory bodies will meet March 6-12, 2015 in Vancouver, Washington to address issues related to salmon, Pacific halibut, highly migratory species, ecosystem based management, and habitat matters.
Hilton Vancouver Washington
301 W. Sixth Street
Vancouver, WA 98660 USA
Meeting Agenda and Notice
Key agenda items for the meeting include Council considerations to:
- Adopt a range of alternatives for the 2015 ocean salmon fisheries for public review.
- Adopt public review options for 2015 incidental catch recommendations for Pacific halibut in salmon troll and a final incidental catch recommendation for sablefish fisheries north of Pt. Chehalis.
- Prioritize potential fishery ecosystem plan initiatives and provide guidance on future process and schedule.
- Adopt amendment language for incorporating protection to unmanaged forage fish in Council fishery management plans.
- Adopt goals and objectives for a drift gillnet management and monitoring plan including hard caps, and provide guidance on further development of the management and monitoring plan.
- Download a PDF version of the Meeting Notice and Agenda
Please refer to the detailed draft proposed agenda for a complete list of issues to be addressed. A schedule of advisory group meetings is provided on the last pages of the agenda. Copies of briefing materials prepared for the meeting can be found on our website www.pcouncil.org by February 24.
Public Comment Guidelines
All meetings are open to the public, except for a closed executive session scheduled for 8 AM on Sunday, March 8 to discuss litigation and personnel matters. For more information on the meetings, refer to the proposed detailed agenda for the March meeting. Information is also available by calling the Council office at 503-820-2280 or 866-806-7204 toll free.
The public is encouraged to comment, either verbally at the meeting or in writing. Timing of agenda items may change as the meeting progresses, and items not completed on the scheduled day will be carried over to later in the meeting, usually the next day.
Oral Public Comments
Oral public comments will be accepted during the meeting prior to action on each agenda item.
Written Public Comments
Written public comments are accepted by the Council via one of the methods described below. The public is encouraged to submit written comments as far in advance of the meeting as possible, either by mail, fax, or email addressed to email@example.com. Electronic copies of written testimony is encouraged.
- Comments received by 11:59 p.m. February 12, 2015 will be included in the briefing books mailed to Council members prior to the meeting. Comments received after February 12 but by 11:59 p.m. March 2, 2015 will be distributed to Council members at the onset of the meeting.
- If you cannot meet this latter deadline and are going to testify at the meeting, you can provide written testimony for distribution at the meeting by one of the following methods. However, please note these need to be provided to Council staff well in advance of your testimony.
- Provide an electronic copy to be posted with other briefing materials, or
- Provide 40 photocopies with the Agenda Item Topic Number in the upper right corner of the front page of each copy. Refer to the attached agenda for the topic numbers; i.e., Agenda Item B.1 refers to public comment under Open Comment Period.
- Electronic copies of public comment can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic copies facilitate posting to our website.
- This meeting is open to the public and is physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Carolyn Porter at 503-820-2280 or 866-806-7204 at least five days prior to the meeting date.
One-Way Live Stream on the Internet
The meeting of the Pacific Fishery Management Council will also be streamed live on the internet.
- The broadcasts begin at 9:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) Sunday, March 8, 2015-Thursday, March 12, 2015. Broadcasts end daily at 6:00 p.m. PT or when business for the day is complete. Only the audio portion and presentations displayed on the screen at the Council meeting will be broadcast. The audio portion is listen-only; you will be unable to speak to the Council via the broadcast. To access the meeting online go to http://www.gotomeeting.com/online/webinar/join-webinar and enter the March Webinar ID, 138-252-315 and your email address. The online attendance can be done using a computer, tablet, or smart phone, using the GoToMeeting application. It is recommended that you use a computer headset to listen to the meeting, but you may use your telephone for the audio portion only of the meeting. The audio portion may be attended using a telephone by dialing the toll number 1-480-297-0021; phone audio access code 326-426-740 (not a toll-free number).