Council Meetings: Current (or Next) Meeting
Council to Begin Consideration of 2015-2016 Harvest Specifications and Management Measures
The Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) and its advisory bodies will meet June 18-25, 2013 in Garden Grove, California to address issues related to groundfish, highly migratory species, coastal pelagic species, ecosystem based management, and habitat matters.
Agenda and Meeting Notice
- Download the June Council Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- Download the June Council Meeting Notice and Agenda (PDF)
Key agenda items include Council considerations to:
- Consider 2015-2016 and beyond groundfish harvest specifications and management measures including: the process schedule and procedures; the range of alternatives for the fishery management plan Amendment 24 harvest control rules; and relevant projection models.
- Adopt final petrale sole, darkblotched rockfish and data moderate stock assessments; update the bocaccio assessment, and consider various catch reports.
- Review the status of the rationalized trawl fishery and consider trailing actions as needed.
- Consider inseason adjustments to the current groundfish fishery.
- Adopt elements of a precautionary management framework for North Pacific albacore tuna.
- Update the list of fisheries, as it pertains to forage fish protection.
- Adopt changes to the start date of the Pacific sardine fishery and management schedule and changes to harvest parameters for Pacific sardine.
- Adopt changes to Pacific mackerel management measures.
Please refer to the proposed agenda for a complete list of issues to be addressed. A schedule of advisory group meetings is provided on the last pages of the attached agenda. Copies of briefing materials prepared for the meeting can be found on our website www.pcouncil.org by June 5.
Meeting Locations and Arrangements
The Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) and its advisory bodies will meet in Garden Grove, California, at the following location:
Hyatt Regency Orange County
11999 Harbor Blvd.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
All meetings are open to the public, except a closed executive session scheduled for the end of the day on Thursday, June 20, to discuss litigation and administrative appointments. For more information on the meetings, refer to the proposed agenda or call the Council office at 503-820-2280 or 866-806-7204 toll free.
Public Comment Guidelines
The public is encouraged to comment, either verbally at the meeting or in writing. Timing of agenda items may change as the meeting progresses, and items not completed on the scheduled day will be carried over to later in the meeting, usually the next day.
Oral Public Comments
Oral public comments will be accepted during the meeting prior to action on each agenda item.
Written Public Comments
- Written public comments are accepted by the Council at any time. However, the public is encouraged to submit written comments as far in advance of the meeting as possible.
- Comments received by 11:59 p.m. May 29, 2013 will be included in the briefing books mailed to Council members prior to the meeting.
- Comments received after May 29 but by 11:59 p.m. June 12, 2013, will be distributed to Council members at the onset of the meeting.
- If you cannot meet this latter deadline, but would like your written comments distributed to Council members when you testify at the meeting, please bring 40 copies to the meeting with the Agenda Item Topic Number in the upper right corner of the front page of each copy. Refer to the proposed agenda for the topic numbers; i.e., Agenda Item C.1 refers to public comment under Open Comment.
- If available, electronic copies of public comment can be submitted to email@example.com. Electronic copies facilitate posting to our website and use on CD-ROM.
This meeting is open to the public and is physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Carolyn Porter at 503-820-2280 or 866-806-7204 at least five days prior to the meeting date.