Council Meetings: Current (or Next) Meeting
November 13-21, 2016 Council Meeting
The Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) and its advisory bodies will meet starting Sunday, November 13, 2016 in Garden Grove, California. Advisory bodies will start Sunday, November 13. The Council session will start on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 to address issues related to salmon, groundfish, highly migratory species, coastal pelagic species, Pacific halibut, and habitat matters.
Listed below are some key agenda items, which include Council considerations to:
- Adopt Final Salmon Methodology Changes and Final Topics for the 2017 Methodology Review.
- Adopt Final Changes for the 2017 Pacific Halibut Catch Sharing Plan and Annual Fishing Regulations.
- Identify Fishery Permitting Priorities and Policies for the California Drift Gillnet Fishery and a Future Deep-Set Buoy Gear fishery and Provide Guidance on Toward Finalization of the Swordfish Monitoring and Management Plan.
- Adopt Final Trawl Gear Modification Exempted Fishing Permit Recommendations to National Marine Fisheries Service.
- Adopt Final Groundfish Inseason Adjustments, as Necessary, to Achieve but Not Exceed Annual Catch Limits.
- Review Stock Status and Consider Potential Future Revisions to Northern Anchovy Harvest Specifications, Management Measures, and Management Category.
Proposed Detailed Agenda and Meeting Notice
- Download the November 13-21, 2016 Meeting Notice WITH Detailed Agenda (includes public comment deadlines and other logistic information)
- Download the November 13-21, 2016 Detailed Agenda (agenda only)
Hyatt Regency Orange County
11999 Harbor Blvd.
Garden Grove, CA 92840