Thursday, November 5th, 2015
The Pacific Fishery Management Council’s (Council) Ecosystem Workgroup (EWG) will host a series of five webinars in January and February 2016, which are open to the public.
Dates and Time of Webinars
The webinars will be held on the dates listed below, from 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time and last for approximately two hours. Information on how to participate is below.
- Tuesday, January 12: Contents of the Annual California Current Ecosystem Status Report; physical oceanography indicators
- Thursday, January 14: Biological indicators
- Tuesday, January 26: Human dimensions indicators
- Thursday, January 28: Habitat indicators
- Tuesday, February 2: Risk assessments and application of indicators to decision making
Each webinar will begin with a short presentation by members of NOAA’s California Current Integrated Ecosystem Assessment Team, followed by a discussion facilitated by the EWG. This webinar series is part of the Coordinated Ecosystem Indicator Review Initiative intended to address goals and objectives from the Council’s Fishery Ecosystem Plan. Through these webinars, the EWG seeks input from Council advisory bodies and the public on the indicators presented in the Annual Report and how they can effectively support the Council’s goal of integrating ecosystem considerations into fishery management decisions.
To Attend the Webinar
- Join the meeting by visiting this link:
- Enter the Webinar ID: 121-225-731
- Please enter your name and email -address (required)
AFTER logging in to the webinar, please:
- Dial this TOLL number +1 (702) 489-0007 (not a toll-free number)
- Enter the Attendee phone audio access code 471-159-571;
- Then enter your audio phone pin (shown after joining the webinar).
Participants are encouraged to use their telephone, as this is the best practice to avoid technical issues and excessive feedback. (See the PFMC GoToMeeting Audio Diagram for best practices).
Technical Information and System Requirements
- PC-based attendees: Required: Windows® 7, Vista, or XP
- Mac®-based attendees: Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet GoToMeeting Webinar Apps)
You may send an email to Mr. Kris Kleinschmidt or contact him at 503-820-2280, extension 425 for technical assistance.
Public Listening Station
A public listening station will also be provided at the Council office.
Pacific Fishery Management Council
7700 NE Ambassador Place, Suite 101
Portland, OR 97220-1384
This meeting is physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Mr. Kris Kleinschmidt at 503-280-2425 at least five days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the webinar, please contact Dr. Kit Dahl at 503-820-2422; toll free 1-866-806-7204; ext. 422.