The Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) will convene a work session of the Coastal Pelagic Species Management Team (CPSMT), January 17-19, 2017, in La Jolla, California.
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, January 17, and at 8 a.m. each following days of Wednesday, January 18 and Thursday, January 19th. The meeting will adjourn each day at 5 p.m., or when business for the day has been completed.
Although this is a work session for the CPSMT, it is open to the public. There may be opportunity for public comment, at the discretion of the CPSMT Chair.
Work Session Agenda
Work Session Purpose
There are several purposes of the work session, including:
- Review draft final analysis and fishery management plan language for small-scale fisheries, in preparation for Council final action in April 2017;
- Exploration of potential changes to CPS management categories;
- Consider potential for periodic review of monitored stock harvest specifications and management measures, including identification of data streams, sampling, and survey priorities that could potentially inform adjustments to harvest specifications for monitored stocks;
- Furthering our understanding ecosystem information and concerns, as they relate to CPS management, forage needs, and other ecosystem needs; and
- Workload planning for 2017 and 2018.
The meetings will be held at the following location:
NOAA Southwest Fisheries Science Center
Pacific Conference Room
8901 La Jolla Shores Drive
La Jolla, California 92037
This meeting is physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Mr. Dale Sweetnam at 858-546-7170 at least ten business days prior to the meeting date.
If you have additional questions regarding the meetings, please contact Mr. Kerry Griffin at 503-820-2409; or toll free 1-866-806-7204.SHARE THIS: